Dump Truck Training Program
A 40 hour dump truck training program is being provided by the West Coast Training Inc. Many modifications have been taking place within the industry of construction from the past few years.
Huge construction industries are not managing all the heavy tools work but are delegating to minor construction industries. This is generating a demand for heavy machine operators with a Class A who can shift the machine from one construction site to another.
This institution is giving the essential training to the students who want to adopt this work force. This training program will promote the chances of employment of the person as a heavy machine worker. One can attain the talents required by most of the owners with functions that include heavy tools workers securing, unloading, transporting and loading their tools to numerous construction job sites.
Description of Training Program
After becoming successful in the program, the student will have the chance to finish the driving part of the Commercial Driver’s License of Class A. Every student will obtain 20 hours for training on the wheel of a semi-tractor and dump truck and remaining 20 hours, they get essential information on the dump trucks.
This training program begins weekly and those who are interested in pursuing this program can contact the Entrance Agent. The cost of this training program is about $1,980. The training program includes the following topics such as:-
- Pre-Trip inspection
- Adjusting air brakes
- Vehicle control
- Hooking and unhooking trailers
- Tying down equipment on trailer
- Spread load
- Loading and unloading equipment
- Loading dump truck
The training program of dump truck includes:-
Heavy Equipment Training Program
- Courses begin every month
- Basic flagging and surveying
- Eight weeks of instruction
- Project safety, layout and maintenance
- Backhoes, dozers and trackhoes
- Scrapers, graders and loaders
Vocational School Training
- No sharing equipment after first four days
- Experienced instructors and reasonable tuition
- Hands on training
- Four hours operating of the equipment
Crane Operator and Rigging Course
- Certification to OSHA standards
- Safety and maintenance
- Hydraulic and lattice booms
- Truck, cranes and track mounted
- Qualify as a signal person and a rigger
- Four weeks of instruction
- Rigged with clamshells, hook blocks and dragline
Training provided to the Driver
- Drivers should be aware of using safe procedures and hand signals for unloading functions.
- Drivers are given training on the particulars of inspections and maintenance for trailers and trucks.
- Drivers are also provided training to identify about the risky conditions like wet or frozen materials, uneven unloading planes and improper load distribution.